Monday, October 14, 2013

Transfers!

October 6, 2013

Hi everyone!
 
This week has been good.  A little slow, but I guess I should expect that when sent to a mission in Japan.  It definitely is not the Phillipines or South America.  Slowly but surely, the work will move forward.  We are promised at one time the work here will astonish the world, so we just have to keep working towards that goal.
 
So this week, I had a proud moment as a future dietitian.  My companion doesnt eat very healthy.  She has gained over 20kg since her mission and she is only 3rd transfer.  Yikes!  Its hard to sometimes sit back and just watch her eat a huge bag of chips everyday.  But lately Ive been teaching her about how to make meat a little healthier.  For instance, I tell her to drain the meat and cut off the excess fat (I swear in Japan, they sell fat with a tiny bit of meat rather than meat with some fat on it).  Anyway, everytime I would ask her to do that, she would just complain and thought I was so weird.  But then this week, she started draining and triming the meat without me even asking.  I know, it sounds ridiculous and nerdy to be happy over that, but Im glad she has made just a little step towards being healthier.
 
On Saturday, we got to watch the Relief Soceity Broadcast- family, remember, we are fifteen hours ahead and they have to translate it into Japanese for eveyone else so we watch one wee later.  This means that sadly I have to wait until next week to watch General Conferences, but Im excited to do so.  The Relief Soceity Broadcast was so good!  I loved Sister Reeves talk about Sacrament meeting.  President Zinke has been really pushing the importance of sacrament meeting lately, so it was cool to hear the same words coming from church headquarters.  Other than that, it has just been another week.  I think I told you last week, but our one investigator isnt getting baptized.  She couldnt give up smoking.  But its sad because now she is so ashamed that she may drop herself.  Our other investigator Joey is so ready for baptism and wants to be baptized, but still wont try to get off of work so he can come to church.  He hasnt fully put his priorities in order.  Anyway, thats all for this week.  I transfer on Thursday, but I dont know if Im going or staying- they havent sent that email yet.  If I get it soon though, Ill make sure to send out a quick email to let you know where I am going.  Love you all!
 
Ellsworth Shimai

So family, Im transferring!  Im going to fushimi which is in Kyoto- so excited!  I hear it is beautiful there.  Plus Im getting a nihonjin companion.  Im a little extremely nervous for this, but it will be good for me.  Hopefully I will get better at the language this way. 

Pictures from her area:



No comments:

Post a Comment