Sunday, April 21, 2013

Finishing up at the MTC

Our dear sister Jamie is now in London. She finished off her time at the MTC and really loved  all of it. Her last week in the MTC she spent time at Temple Square in Salt Lake City learning about being a visitor center sister missionary. We went to try and find her to give her her drivers license but she wasn't there. No wonder she was difficult to find. 

Here is an excerpt from her email:


Well now I am in visitors center training and let me just say it is so different than I thought that it would be. I feel like it is the first day again and I am having to start all over. Which is totally fine, I just wasn't expecting that. So all of my life I just thought that at a visitors center, the sisters just gave tours and gave you information. FALSE. That is not what they are suppose to do. So pretty much when you go tracting, you make appointments and go teach lessons. In a lesson depending you have a longer time to teach them and then you have follow up appointments. this is not the case in a visitors center. Pretty much what we have to do is meet someone, know thier needs, gain a love for them, and have a converting experience that makes them want to go home and do something different, all within anywhere from 5-45 minutes max. ya tricky huh. I never knew that it was like that! We have been doing a lot of TRC's (people come and volunteer and pretend to be coming into a visitor center) and I have come to realize that it is so different than what I thought and you really have to always have the spirit with you to be able to teach people in such a short amount of time. They want us to be able to give the people a converting experience and not just a "feel good" experience. But I love all of my teachers a lot and they are all really awesome! Plus, tomorrow from 3-8... just saying.... I will be on temple square doing splits with the sisters serving there! I am really excited to be able to do it in real life. I think it will be awesome to see!
Oh and guess what? I LEAVE FOR LONDON IN 4 DAYS!!! I will be there in 5 days. I will be in London!!!! AHHHHHH If you can't tell I am pretty excited for that. Also, don't worry about me here, I am still loving it. Me and my companion Sister Bergstrom seriously get along so well. It is like we have been friends forever!! people even say that we look like we could be cousins or something! haha I think thats funny!

Most of the family got to talk to her during her layover in Dallas. She seemed to be having a blast and really loving all the experiences she had in Provo at the MTC. We have heard from her mission president. She has arrived in London safely and has been assigned to her first area. Her trainer (an older missionary who helps teach those who are new) is from Brazil. We should be hearing from her tomorrow about her time in London and her first area.

A picture she took while she was at the SLC temple

With Sister Bergstrom doing something productive
You can tell they get along so well 
With her District (group of missionaries) before the Elders left for Birmingham England
With her Zone Leaders
Her companions 
Jamie went to Alta High School and this is a picture with all of the missionaries in Provo that were from her HS
Until her next update...

No comments:

Post a Comment