Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Investigators

Jamie is having a blast in London and in the ward she is serving in. She loves being able to serve in a ward with people her age. She's doing great.

Hi family!!!!
I love getting to hear from all of you each week! It makes my day to see so many people write me and to get to hear about all of your lives back home!! It sounds like things are going great!!
Okay so there have been some pretty awesome things happening here. Me and my companion were the "VIP's" in zone training because our last week was so good. So that was really fun! This past week we taught SO MANY LESSONS. Seriously we had like no time to go out and find people because we were either teaching or in the visitors center. We have like 4 progressing investigators at the moment which they are so fun to teach. I love getting to see them and just building a friendship with them.
Andrea- She is the best! She is a sweet girl from Romania. She comes to church every week. Oh and guess what, I extended a baptismal invitation for her for the 26th of May and she said yes! I was so scared at first but then it was great! She has such a good heart and she knows that the things we are teaching her are true. She just loves seeing us and having lessons and we are planning to have a pday with her next week. She is going to go out and tour London with us!! I think that it will be so fun!
Chris- He is a very very strong catholic and at first he had a lot of questions. After the first lesson we decided that he can still ask questions but at some point we have to take control of the lesson and teach him something. That is what we did this last time and it was awesome! He so so good and he promised to come to church next week but he is pretty nervous at making friends so I hope we can find some good people to fellowship. He says that he really wants to know that the Book of Mormon is true and that he prays about it all the time. I promised him that if he kept doing that that he would get his answer. It is so cool how as a missionary you can promise things! I love it!
Cara- She is from the US and we are kinda having a hard time with her. She wants to get baptized and LOVES going to church but she is having a hard time with the Word of Wisdom. She doesn't see how drinking tea is bad so she is not really willing to stop yet... I told her that instead of just doing that, that she should ask Heavenly Father how this will help her and to help her have the strength to stop. I hope that she will because she is so awesome and I know that she really wants to get baptized!!
Rooshin- He is getting a PHD in Medicine and he has NO TIME to meet with us!! seriously. We get to see him like every two weeks so it is hard. BUT he loves everything that we are teaching him and really wants it in his life. He sees how is can bring him happiness and he wants to be able to feel God's love for him all the time he says. I think that he is really great and I know the Holy Ghost will touch him!
Okay so funny story. This week we traveled a lot to go to appointments. We went to this new part where I have never been before and let me tell you, EVERYONE spoke Spanish. I felt like I stepped into south America of something. Anyway, we met this guy and we were talking to him. Sister Portillo took a phone call so it was all just me. I was trying to talk to him and it was going okay.. at least I thought. To be honest towards the end I had no idea what was going on. haha so he went to say bye and I went to shake his hand. Then he grabbed my hand and pulled me in, but don't worry it was just a kiss on the cheek. hah but I had no idea what was going on and then he started talking about something they do in his country because he could tell I was surprised. haha my companion saw and was so shocked! It was too funny!
This week we had a ward activity and we went to the park to play football (soccer)- I am still trying to get use to that. But it was so much fun! I love being in a singles ward because there are so many fun activities and they are all your age so it really is just so much fun!
Then yesterday was fast sunday and on every fast sunday the bishop has all of the missionaries in the ward over. Man, I never get meal appointments since I am in a singles ward so this was sooooo nice. The food was so good and it was fun because we played a quick game! It was nice to be around a family again! oh and another time we get feed is every saturday by the senior couples here at the visitors center. The meals are always SO good. Probably my favorite day of the week...... hahaha
Well sorry this one is a shorter email but the work here is great! I realize I love it more when I am working harder. Time is flying here surprisingly. I have already been in London for 3 weeks and it feels like I just got here! I seriously LOVE my district. We have the best elders in the whole mission, I think! and this past week we had zone training. I love having that. Seriously I love my district too! I am so close with all of them since I always get to see them and we all always play basketball together. They are like my family here and I LOVE IT!!
I love all of you so much!!
Love, Sister Ellsworth 

at one of the tube stations
With her trainer and companion
The Elders in her District 
The Sisters in her District 

No comments:

Post a Comment