Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Transfer Week

Jamie's first transfer and first baptism:

Hi Family!!
Okay so since it is transfers this week, our Pday is on tuesday (today)! Wow I was not expecting this transfer and to be honest I am kinda scared but I know that it will be great! So I am staying in Britannia, the ward I am in now, but... I have a new companion. My companion is Sister Gibson (yes my MTC companion) and we have to train each other!! Ahhh I was expecting another trainer. hahaha I hope I am ready. but hey I guess the best way to learn is to just get thrown into it, right? It really will be great and I have another awesome district! 

Oh I think that it is so cool that Martha and I get to be out serving at the same time. Honeslty it really this the coolest thing ever!
Okay, So, last pday was crazy. We went to do a service project in the morning and we were suppose to to be back to our flat by so that we could make it to the chapel by 11 to teach a transition lesson... ya so on the way back we got totally lost and didn't get back to our flat until.... hahaha I was laughing so hard. It reminded me of the time we were in France and we got lost for like 5 hours. haha too good. 



Okay so enough about that, lets talk about the really great stuff that has happened! We have been finding new investigators like crazy!! I love going and out finding new investigators! honestly it wasn't my favorite at first but I got to the point where I liked it... but now I just love it. Sister Portillo and I do so well together! We have been getting so many step ins! She was telling me the other day that before we became companions she had only had one step in before and now we have been getting a lot! It is so awesome! I can really feel the spirit directing us in our work. There is no way I would be able to do this without that! People feel something different and that is what brings them in.
We met this girl named Greca and she is the sweetest thing! We are meeting with her again this coming week! Also, we met a girl named Jillian and we are meeting here not this week but the next because she is in the states.. It has been tricky finding new people because all of the students are in exams right now and so they don't have time.. but our progressing investigators are doing great! they really are progressing and it is so awesome to see! Oh and we met this new girl named Vicki. So she is from China and she really wants to know more about God and how to feel that He is there and that He loves us. Also, to know our purpose! We have met with her twice and we have another appointment with her tomorrow! She is so sweet and I am so excited to get to teach her!
And last but not least... ANDREEA GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It was so amazing! ahh seriously I love this. She was so excited! but it was so funny. Okay so on sunday we had 2 baptisms and we haven't had one in like 6 weeks and of course, this week the gas in the Visitors Centre broke.. so that means, no hot water. hahaha the elders tried boiling water and dumping it in the font but it was still freezing!!! when both of them came out of the water they had the funniest faces! oh too good! but it was awesome. I was just thinking about how cool it is and really how much it means! They both will get comfirmed next week at church and Andreea is SO excited for that! Also, she keeps saying, "I can't wait to go into the temple!" makes me so happy!
It really has been another great week! The ward here is awesome and I am really getting to know and love the people so much! There is nothing like this and I love it! I am excited to see what this next transfer brings. I know that I will learn SO much and I am excited for it! Well, I love you all so much and miss you!! I hope that everyone has a great week!!!
Love you!
Sister Ellsworth

Andrea and her sister missionaries! Ready to be baptized.
With the other young lady who got baptized. 
Sorry i couldn't get this one to flip...her she is with Andrea after her baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment