Tuesday, June 4, 2013

New Transfer, New companion

So this week Jamie didn't send any pictures and she didn't e-mail almost until the end of her p-day. Hopefully we'll hear more from her next week. It's been interesting for her to serve with someone who is as new is she is but she is really growing and learning so much. I told her it is times like these where you really learn and grow the most and fast. You have no other option but to step up to the plate and she is. She's awesome that way. She loves what she is doing and does her best every single day. Here she is!


Hi Family!
It has been another great week! As you know it was transfers and I got myself a new companion. It has been great but definitely different. As you know I am with Sister Gibson again and we are having fun being able to get to work together again! Actually, I will admit it is kinda nice. We are both in the same situation and we both know how each other feels which really has been nice.

It has been great for me because I am the one who knows all of the people we are teaching and the people in the ward so it has really forced me to learn how to contact everyone and to make appointments! It is forcing me to be more organized... which I guess is never a bad thing. Also, I am so used to Sister Portillo starting all of our lessons but now I am the one that is having to do that and I am having to extend pretty much all of the invitations. Honestly, I am learning a lot and fast too, so I love it. But I really love the ward that I am in. I would have never imagined that I would be in a singles ward but it is great. The members have been so awesome in helping us teach lessons and everything! Also, there are some girls preparing to serve missions so it has been fun because we teach them a short message and then they go out and find new investigators with us. I can't believe how brave they are.

Then I don't know if I have told you about Carl but he is pretty much already a member. Seriously, everyone in the ward thought he was a member and when they found out he was our investigator they were shocked. He really feels like the words in the Book of Mormon will help his life and will help him grow closer to Christ and become the person that he wants to become. We extended a baptismal invitation and he is really praying about it. He is awesome!
We have other progressing investigators too at the moment but to be honest, I don't really know what to write about them! haha but the work is going great and we are trying to just find more and more people to teach!

So funny thing... President called me and sister Gibson over to his flat yesterday because he found out sister gibby could play the piano (side note: this mission has a "band" with a group of missionaries that sing, play the guitar, drums, etc.--that is why I need my violin-- and so president is looking for more people to join, especially since a lot are leaving!) So we get over there and she plays the piano. Then he turns to me and says "Sister Ellsworth, I want you to sing while she plays this song" hahahaha what a joke. I told him a couple of days ago I liked to sing.. mistake. Anyway, he told me that I had a good voice and that I was in tune but I wasn't loud/confident enough. I just told him that my instrument is the violin, not my voice. ha but it was so scary. I never sing in front of people.. ever! at least not alone. wow. But then today we actually went to the band practice because Gibby had to play the piano and they added me into a song.. so I guess I kinda made the cut. I just can't wait for my violin to get here! I miss it so much! {I guess this traveling band goes and plays at firesides and different meetings.}

It was the best thing though today. When I was sitting there listening to the group sing, it made me realize how lucky I am to be serving a mission and to be in this mission. I am surrounded by so many amazing people and there is nothing else like this. I have had in these short months, the opportunity to meet so many people and I have only just started! Yes, sometimes the mission can be challenging but it is so much more rewarding at the end of the day and you just know that there is nothing else you could do that is like this. I really do love being here and every day there is something to remind me of that!
Well I just want you all to know that I love you very much and I am so happy to call you family! You are all the best family a girl could possibly ask for!
LOVE YOU!!

Love, Sister Ellsworth

She is just so beautiful! Love this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment