Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shots and Patience

Okay, so now for a little update on my life in the MTC.  To start things off, I had to get 3 shots this week!  Two nurses tried to calm me down. Haha. I always bite my hand while they give me the shots.  This time my bite marks lasted for over ten hours!  Those shots hurt! Hep A, Hep B, and Tetnis.  Mom and Dad, I sent you an insurance receipt, so look for that, fill it out, and then send it to our insurance company.  I don't know if they'll cover any of the shots, but it's worth a "shot".  Sorry, the longer I am in the MTC, the more I realize how lame my humor gets.  We find the littlest things to be funny.  We need a stress relief somehow.  Also, this week we finally moved up from Kohai to Sempai.  Starting Wednesday, we will no longer be the newest Japanese speakers!  Next week will be halfway in the MTC!! I cannot wait to go to Japan!  We had the Nihongis (Japanese missionaries) here for a couple weeks and they were just the cutest things!  However, they spoke so fast duirng Sacrament Meeting that I just sat there and died a little inside.  Japanese is getting a little better.  I'm learning more grammar, which I love because now I can actually form sentences.  I still feel stupid when I teach, but now instead of reading what I have to say, I memorize the sentences that I want to say to them.  I'm getting there.  My roommates are an absolute balst!  Surprisingly the two youngest are my favorite: Damron and Douglas Shimai.  The other ones can be too serious for me. But they are all great!  
 
This week, I was taught patience.  I learned that if you pray for patience, Heavenly Father will answer your prayers and force you into a situation where you have to be patient.  My comp was sick all week with something (we never figured it out).  Well, as many of you may already know, I don't do well in sympathizing with people when it comes to physical pain.  Also she walked so so so slowly, and I had to miss out on a lot of things while she slept in the room or was at the doctor's office.  But each day I got a little more patient.  But it's still a work in progress.  I'm not up to your level yet Mom.  Maybe one day though. 

Sorry-
 
One last story I forgot to tell about this week.  On Sunday, for the devotional, someone came in and acted as Dr. Willard Richards and told a small account on his interactions with Jospeh Smith.  Then we all sang "Praise to the Man" afterwards.  It was so cool!  I am so grateful for everything Joseph Smith and all of my ancestors did and went through so I could be raised in the gospel.  Afterwards we went and watched the Legacy in Japanese.  It was dubbed over and the voices were hilarious.  I also forgot how bad the acting was, but it was still great.  It was funny though because you forget sometimes that everyone here is so young.  They all were oo and awwing during the kissing scenes.  Gotta love the MTC!  Anyway, that's all.  Love you all! 
 
Martha (Ellsworth Shimai)

No comments:

Post a Comment