Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Days!

March 3, 2014

FAMILY!!

It has been such a good week! Ahh I am loving it more and more out here. I love being in the countryside and with all of these wonderful people! 

Sooooo, this past Saturday our investigator Lisa got baptised!!!!! She is just the cutest. There were some troubles with the fount at first so while the members were dealing with it, I sat at the front talking with her about everything. There was one thing that I really loved that she said. She said, "I love how the people in the Church of Latter-day Saints live the truth." How true that is. There was another woman I was talking to who is less-active due to health reasons and when we asked her, what is faith to you, she replied, "Well I guess you could say, my faith has shaped me, if that makes any sense." I absolutely loved that definition. Seeing these two woman who were both converts to the church, has a strong testimony of the power of change that comes as we have faith in our Saviour Jesus Christ. Faith is more than just believing. It is acting upon the conviction that you do have and allowing that to shape who you are, how you live your life, and who you want to become. 

I think I told you last week about our investigator from Latvia? Well, him and his wife will be getting baptised on the 15th! yay. Anyway, we had a really great lesson with him again and we followed up on the Word of Wisdom. (this is a hard one for him seeing as he smokes, drinks alcohol, coffee and tea) We had a lesson and the members is really good friends with him and was so good in the lesson. He was still doing those things and we really committed him to stop. Well, during the lesson he got up and went and poured out all of the alcohol he had in the house. Wow. He said, "This is what I have to do if I want to be baptised on the 15th and if I want to go to the temple with my family." That is how powerful the atonement of Christ is. We can all change no matter our circumstances or how hard it may be. He has such a strong love for God and has such a strong desire to follow him perfectly. Also, to be sealed with his family forever, that he is willing to make the sacrifices necessary. I think that is so wonderful. It definitely does build my testimony when I see it. 

Oh funny story. Last night we were out tracting some houses and we went to this house and knocked on the door. We were just waiting there for someone to answer and all of the sudden this man open and said, "Oh Jesus". At first I thought he said this because he was excited that we were there to talk about Jesus Christ but actually he never heard us knock and was going outside to get something and we really scared him! haha it was so funny. We were all just dying laughing. But hey, we are going back this week to teach him! yay!

Well family, I love you all so much! Thank you for being the best family ever! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Love, Sister Ellsworth 


No comments:

Post a Comment