Monday, March 31, 2014

One Year Already?

Sorry friends of Jamie for not updating her blog in a while. I am slowly working my way back but for now, please enjoy her most recent update. She just got transferred back to the Hyde Park VC in London after being out in the country side for only 1 transfer.

March 31, 2014

Hi Family!!
I hope you are all doing great! I am so happy to hear that Wisconsin is in the final 4. They are going to make it all the way! Also, family, can you believe that last week I hit my year mark? ahhh that is so crazy. Time has just flown by. I can't even believe it.
This week has been good. I am just loving serving with Sister Ferrell. We have so much fun together. It is fun because we both love waking up every morning and running to the chapel to play basketball with the elders, and we just get along and have fun.
So yesterday was mother's day over here in England. So, in the VC we made a cute table in the front with a whole bunch of things to make a mothers day card. We then went outside and got people to come in and make them. It was so fun and it got more people in to the centre and we got to teach them more. I love doing fun creative things like this! And the weather is getting warm over here so people are out and so friendly! 

So pretty much, Sister Ferrell and I are only teaching men and Muslim men. Literally. But it is so fun! We are teaching this guy who is really progressing. He reads like 8 chapters from the Book of Mormon a day and he is really starting to have faith in our Saviour!! Also, Best thing of my life. A man from Lebanon got baptised just 2 weeks ago and on my year mark, he took us out for some real Lebanese food. When the food got to the table we just started eating (we were so hungry) and he said, "Girls, slow down, we still have more coming!" haha we just about died. He ordered SO much food but it was all SO good. I love getting to experience all of these cultures! Then at the end, they came out with this dessert called Baklava. Wow. So good. Not your typically dessert but it is so good. What a good way to celebrate! 

So it was really cool because we had a really nice experience actually this morning. So, I had forgotten how in the VC our numbers are completely different than full proselyting! They are obviously so much lower because we only have half the time and pretty much non of the elders really understand that. Anyway, we worked really hard last week but there were 2 days where we got absolutely no proselyting time because we had conferences, therefore making our numbers a bit lower.... well, this is hard for others to understand sometimes. Anyway, I could tell that Sister Ferrell was having a hard time with it this morning and I was thinking about what they had said a lot and so I decided to pray. Ultimately, our accountability for everything in life is first to the Lord. I love that because as I was praying I got a confirmation that everything was okay. We can improve and we will but He is still pleased with our work. Anyway, we were talking about this in companionship study this morning and we decided to pray together. As we did we asked for the spirit to teach us how we can improve and to help us feel comforted. It was so cool because after we were done we talked about it and we were both prompted by the spirit to improve our companionship study. Haha it is such a random thing, but that is what we both felt. We just thought it was the best thing ever because it was a moment when we could both recognize the spirit so specifically. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I know that He knows what each of us is going through and He will be there to help us, we just need to simply ask. I am so grateful for the relationship we can have with our Father in Heaven.
Anyway, I hope that you all had a wonderful week! I love you all so much!! Thank you for all of your love and support that you show me! I am so blessed with such a wonderful family! LOVE YOU!!!!!
Love, Sister Ellsworth

Lebanese food!
Mother's Day card station

With Hussain, the Recent Convert

No comments:

Post a Comment