Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gary the Crazy Bird

Hi Family!

Okay so haha it has been another crazy week. I swear, Sister Sua and I won't ever have just a normal week.... but it was so great still. We get to see so many miracles all of the time and I just love it!

So, let's start at the very beginning...  I don't know if I told you last week, but last Monday we lost our phone. Let me just tell you, don't ever loose your phone. Especially when you have new investigators and a lot of appointments for the week.. haha I don't understand how they did missionary work back in the day. seriously. So then because we didn't have a phone, the next day was rough. Okay so just promise me that when you read this you won't think I am a bad missionary.. promise? haha we felt so bad the whole day. Anyway, we always set our phone alarm to 6:29 but on Tuesday morning we had to use just my alarm clock. So we woke up got ready and headed to the chapel so that we could be there around 9 to be in the VC and to call to try and find our phone. Okay so we get there and we look at the clock.. ya it was 10. hahaha my clock at home had somehow been set back and hour so we woke up an hour late!!!! ahh ha we felt so bad but it was so funny! That is the thing. Sui and I just laugh at everything because so many stupid things happen to us! 

Then poor sister sua got soo sick. But like I said, it might have been a crazy week but we did still get to see miracles! So we started teaching a guy last Monday named Avitar (yes, that is his real name) and we set a baptismal date with him last Wednesday! so awesome! We are working with him on the Word of Wisdom at the moment but he is just so awesome and so willing! He always talks about getting baptized and he is really looking forward to it! 

Then, do you guys remember a couple weeks back I told you about a guy who came into the VC and came to church the next day and how he told me he had already read half of the BoM? Well I have been in contact with him through email and this is what he wrote to me last time, It is so amazing!

"Ever since I first read the Book of Mormon. I have had a deeper love for the scriptures and a stronger desire to love, serve and keep the commandments. After I read over half of the book, I felt a complete change of heart. I felt a deeper resolve to live the gospel than I had ever had before"

Is that not just the coolest thing ever? Honestly, ask Sister Sua, when I read that I just about died it made me so happy! He is just the best! and like I said last week. The BoM can really change lives if you give it a chance. Also, this past week we got to see Chris and you know how I just think about him and how we can help him all the time! Honestly, I swear I am always thinking about him. Anyway, we had a really great lesson with him and we made a calender. So on this calender it has a place where he can mark everyday if he has read the BoM and if he has prayed and he is going to bring it to every lesson. We promised him that if he really reads the BoM and wants to know if it is true, that he will come to know that it is true.

Then we went to do a service project with the Elders. We went to this lady's house and did gardening, as they call it here. I had the honor of mowing the lawn. haha sadly, I miss it. It brought back the good old memories of the days when I had to mow the lawn.. But they use the weirdest lawn mowers here. They are electric and just weird. Ha I don't know how to explain them. But don't get any funny ideas. On day when I will come home I will suddenly be sick of mowing the lawn again.

There are so many wonderful opportunities I get to do being a missionary. I love this work so much and I love being out here in England. This is the number one mission in the world! Honestly tho, it is.

Oh and one last story. So the chapel/VC is on one of the busiest roads in London. haha There is this bird (named Gary/Moroni) who stands on top of the spiral of the chapel or the flag post of the science museum. He is here everyday, and never leaves. So, he just stands there and watches the street for runners. haha yes. every time a person comes running down exhibition road Gary literally attacks them. He swoops them and grabs their head. We always just stand out on the steps and watch it happen. haha it is so funny to see the runners get so scared and confused. Actually it is kinda scary. One morning sister Sua and I were running to the chapel and we didn't think he would be there that early.. but he was and he came and attacked us! haha too good.

Well I love you all very very much and I hope that you have a wonderful week!!

Love, Sister Ellsworth 
Fish and chips with Sister Sua

She had to right?

With her district!

No comments:

Post a Comment