Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week 8: Almost there!

Konnichiwa!
 
Alright, they update for this week.  First off, I get my travel plans on Friday!!!! I am so excited! I love the MTC but I am excited to actually be a real missionary.  This is my last week here!!  I am so so excited!  I think the plan as of now is to leaveMonday July 15th but I'll know for sure by Friday.  So that means you better have your phones on you all day that day.  That also means that I am going to need everyone's phone numbers.  I know the home phone, mom's cell phone, and possibly Laura's cell phone number, but that's it.  So if you could send me everyone's that would be great because I want to talk to you in the airport before I leave.
 
So this week was good.  It's been a little tough.  I still struggle a bit with my companion.  She was sick 4 out of the 7 days of the week and is always playing the sympathy card. It just sometimes kills me how she'll be fine and playing sports during gym time, but then fall ill during class.  Yesterday I hit a low point, but it was my turn for one on one coaching and he really helped lift my spirits and gave me some really good advice.  I am hoping that will get me through the next two weeks.  I know it seems ridiculous to get so upset by this, but for some reason it has been really hard on me.  But apartently I didn't get over FOMO when coming to the MTC, so now I have to miss out on parts of the MTC so I really get over my FOMO.  Hopefully I'll also become a tiny bit more patient through all of this.
 
But since it is also our last two weeks, our Branch president and our teachers have been telling us that is we aren't having fun, then we aren't fulfilling our purpose.  We really took that to heart.  Saturday night we came back that night and before quite time we played hide n' go seek/ hide and go seek tag.  We all got really into it and it was a blast.  However, I did hide in someone's room and her roommate came in and said, "I remember it saying, 'Please act with quite dignity.  This is not a college dorm.'"  So when we finished playing, Damron went into the bathroom and said, "I would like to publicly apologize for the lack of quite dignity found on the floor tonight."  One girl laughed and another kind of gave an evil look.  English speakers just don't understand how crazy you become after being in the MTC for 7 weeks.  After that we took our stretchy workout bands and sling shot water bottles.  Then on Monday night our district played wall ball.  Basically you turn off the lights and someone throws a bouncy ball against the wall.  If you're hit, you're out.  Then when we got back to the dorm, Damron and I slid a mattress down the stairs.  Sadly the staircase bends so it wasn't that much fun and short lived.  But the build up was fun. 
 
Last night the new Nihongin arrived.  The elders came and talked to our district.  Douglad and I made it a goal this week to learn how to get to know someone rather than just knowing gospel words and phrases.  We would say them and they would just laugh, even if we said them correctly.  They are always so fun and happy!  I can't wait to be in a sea full of them.  They just seem like the nicest people ever.  Tomorrow we want to host them and move them into their rooms that are right next door to our rooms!  I can't wait!
 
I got to see the Samuelians one more time before they left.  On Tuesday they went out and bought me a cupcake.  They wanted to give it to me in person, but I was at devotional.  I was so upset.  But luckily I saw them on Wednesday before they left and I got a picture with them.  They are the greatest!  Mom and Dad, Pres. Samuelian says hi.  He also told me that out of every missionary he knew, mine was the only farewell talk he went to.  That made me feel pretty special.  They are going to make great Mission Presidents.
 
Also, yesterday I ran into an Brother Flores.  He asked if Jamie had ever talked about him.  I was thinking back to BYUI times, but found out that he had just retuned from his mission in London and was in Jamie's district.  He said Jamie is really and awesome missionary and doing a great job.  I could tell he was being sincere and not just saying that because it's expected.  So good job Jamie!  Keep up the good work!!
 
Other than that, the MTC is still the MTC.  Elder Russell M. Nelson did wave and say hello to me as I was standing like five feet away.  That was pretty cool, especially since when they were here they were under so much security.  Anyway, I hope all is well and you find something to do to fill those relaxing summer days.  Enjoy the 100 degree weather and have a great 4th of July!  I love you all!
 
Ai shite imasu,
 

Ellsworth Shimai

With the Samuelson's  
Sunday temple walk

Mattress sliding 
Having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment