Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Royal Baby and a Week of Miracles

Hi Family!!

I am sorry to hear about Uncle Mike. I bet it is hard but I will make sure to keep them all in my prayers and thoughts!!

So I can't even explain how blessed Sister Sua and I are being. It is really amazing. We have come to realize that the harder you work and the more diligent you are, the more you have the spirit with you and the more you have the spirit with you the more the Lord blesses you because he can trust you with his precious children! We have training every Saturday for the VC and one thing they always teach us is to make sure the Lord trusts us. If there is no one coming in to the VC it is because we are not preparing ourselves to receive people, therefore the Lord will not send them our way. Wow is that so true. haha I have noticed that when I am not taking it seriously at times, no one comes in but when I am ready, we have the best VC days ever!

So, people always say that at different points in their mission they realized that they were called to that place for a reason. Well, as we all know, the VC wasn't my first choice but I honestly love it more than anything. I know that I was called here for a reason! The other night I was sitting at the front, alone, waiting for any visitor to come my way. A Chinese man came in and was admiring the paintings. I told him he could come in and I would be more than happy to explain them to him (the restoration paintings), so he came in! I went through the pictures and he explained to me that he knew about God and Christ but being from China he was very limited on his knowledge about them. So, I explained the restoration to him and really emphasized God is our loving Heavenly Father and returning to live with God. He stopped me and asked, "Why do I want to return to live with God?" Then I started talking to him about his parents and how much he loves them. I told him that through this gospel we are able to be with them forever and that God is our Father in Heaven and we want to live with him forever as well. At that point the spirit touched him so strongly and I have never seen such a quick change in someone from the spirit. It was amazing! We kept talking and he asked me why I decided to come on a mission. At the end he told me, "I have never heard something so simple, yet amazing. Thank you so much. I have never met someone before who really knows something from the bottom of their heart." He gave me his email and we are going to be in touch. Also, as he was walking out he stopped and came back in. He asked if he could take a picture with me! haha I loved it, it was just so great! I am so grateful that the Lord trusted me enough to send him into the VC. When he said those things to me I realized that I do know that this is true from the bottom of my heart. There is nothing I love more than this gospel and my Heavenly Father. Just the thought that I have the opportunity to see and be with him one day makes me SO happy! And that is exactly why I am out here. I want others to know how much God really loves them and to help them remember how much they loved him before. To know that they can be with him and their family, forever!

Ah that brings me to this other guy we met on the street last night! We were out street contacting and I stopped this guy. He was having a horrible day and at first was not willing to talk with me. But then I decided to just talk with him and not really share anything. We ended up talking for a while. He talked about how sad he was and how much he wanted to feel God's love in his life but he had no idea how to have it. Sister Sua then came and joined and we promised him that he can have that in his life! By the end he was smiling and laughing with us. We are seeing him later today! I am so excited!

Also, Avtar is getting baptized this Sunday!! That in itself is a miracle!! We
 just met him and he is just so ready! He is the best. It was just the best week ever. We we blessed to teach so many lessons and still had time to go find and get more people. So much fun!

Also, remember my district leader from last transfer? well he has come back to London! haha he came to church yesterday so we got to see him! It was so fun! He is here with his parents so we got to meet them as well. They are so sweet and he had his mom bring us a souvenir! haha she brought us this big chocolate bar from Finland! yum. I just love all of the people that I have met out here, they are the greatest.

I love this work so much! More and more every day! I am really starting to see even more that the hand of the Lord is in every moment of it. Let's be honest, if this were all up to me, I don't think anything would really get done.. haha. IT it so great and so fun! I love the gospel! I hope that you all have a wonderful week! I love you all so so much!! Thank you for always supporting me and loving me! You truly are the BEST family in the whole entire world!!!!

Love, Sister Ellsworth 

Oh and I forgot to mention, the royal baby was born!!!!!!! How cool is it that I get to be here for that. I think it is pretty great! It has been all over the city. The newspapers, facebook, etc. There was actually an announcement outside of Buckingham palace!! Honestly, it was pretty much what everyone was talking about for days! Love it!  

With her fave
Someone dropped these off at the Visitors Center and they had fun with them!

Sister Sua let Jamie cut her hair...
The Royal Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment